“WILLY MUTUNGA”… Gods “(mashiah),”


WHY I DO NOT OPPOSE WILLY MUTUNGA

Isaiah 45:1-7

NB: The word anointed used in Isaiah 45, is the (Heb. mashiah), and I have replaced the word Cyrus with Willy Mutunga.

I am a pastor, possibly expected to support the sentiment of all the church leaders, I agree that they have wisdom in what they put forth, but I chose to look at the matter at hand in a totally different way, hoping I will not be labeled a rebel. Yesterday while I way in prayer, I found myself praying in an interesting manner, it was to my surprise that I was praying different. After reading about Cyrus and researching much on him, I begun to pray, “God, give us a Cyrus, someone you have laid your hands and anointing on, they may be Christians or non Christians, but because you appoint all authorities, and you are over all, and your purposes cannot be thwarted, Lord give us a Cyrus in our days, one who will do your will, even when he thinks he is bent on doing his own will.”

I must say, that I don’t advocate for studs for people at the age of Willy, but if God has his hands on him, what can I say. What I have found if late is a reactive kind of tactic from the Christians, I remember very well, that a weeks before the finalizing of the vetting of the judges for the position of CJ, we prayed that God would overtake in the process, and give us some one he chose, just as if we did not believe in our prayers, we went in uproar, after the nominations of Willy, and Nancy. The question is who did we have in mind for the Job? For record, Retired CJ, Evan Gicheru, is a Christian, and an usher for that matter, let me ask this question, why is it that in his tenure, we still had so much negatives, swept under the carpet, what did a Christian do?

In Cyrus’ case, it may seem to the reader that, God has determined to use a pagan king to fulfill his divine purposes, and at the same time, the native gods have also determined to use the king. The most likely result of this is a battle between God and the gods of the nations which is one of the solid themes of the book of Isaiah. Those who pay homage to the gods of the nations work hard to consult them about the moves of Cyrus, and how to stop him, but because he is the anointed of the Lord, Cyrus marches towards Babylon while the divinations of the omen readers come to no avail, because God has empowered the Persian king for a specific task. (45:1).

According to Constables, “Yahweh shockingly referred to Cyrus as His anointed (Heb. mashiah), a title normally reserved for Israel's prophets, priests, and kings. It also refers to the Messiah. The Israelites thought of their anointed leaders as those whom God uniquely raised up to accomplish His purposes. By calling Cyrus His anointed, the Lord was teaching them that He was the Lord of all the earth, not just Israel. He could and would use whomever he chose to deliver His people.” He quotes Wiersbe, “"Sometimes we forget that God can use even unconverted world leaders for the good of His people and the progress of His work." Constable adds, “People do not have to be believers in Him for God to use them and bless them. The choice is His; He is sovereign.”[1]

The preceding thought serves as a reminder of the New Testament thought that, God is the one who appoints leaders. Many times the experience with leaders leaves questions to be answered. How can a righteous God appoint rulers who are supposedly corrupt and evil? does it point to the weakness or on the strength of God, like the Pharisees asked, in Luke 7:39 “…If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is-that she is a sinner.” the point is that, God knows who is his hands as a tool and mere mortals fail to understand the providential purposes of God. Therefore, man has to wait for ages to pass or the era of a leader to end for them to understand what God was up to.  God raises and abases, God promotes and demotes. This is what we see in the life of Cyrus.

I want to submit to you that, as far as I am concert, Willy is the anointed of the Lord for the Job of CJ, he is not a Christian, but like Cyrus, I am now ready to pray for him according to 1 Tim 2:1-2… which does not say that we pray for him because he is Christian. Secondly I chose to submit to him according to (Rom 13:1-6).


[1] Constables,

Comments

  1. I you have a different view on this post let us know! Let Iron sharpen Iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,pastor t!i like the way your thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I must say, that I don’t advocate for studs for people at the age of Willy" means you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous, you can make a comment without being vulgar, I also do not accept that kind of language from a sane person as you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Think It With Me.. Contemplate

We are Born "HOMOZ AND LESBIANS"....