Today we talk to Pastors about RELATIONSHIPS, Every time you think of the work of pastors, what comes to mind is people, surely a pastor is not a pastor if he has no people to pastor. Well it may be said that you are called, but surely you must be called to God, and called out to people. The relationships that exist in a pastors lie are two( at least) the major ones. First, His/her family and second, The church (the people). Family: I have learned that My family is first and I mean first, but not the place of God. My relationship with my spouse and child speaks alot more about my relationship with "my flock." The people I lead pick cues from the people who make up my family, therefore my relationship at Home is the foundation for my relationship with the church. Above all, we know that, You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu Church: Pastors, Remember the Church or the Flock is not yours its Gods, You are o...
WHY I DO NOT OPPO SE WILLY MUTUNGA Isaiah 45:1-7 NB: The word anointed used in Isaiah 45, is the (Heb. mashiah ), and I have replaced the word Cyrus with Willy Mutunga. I am a pastor, possibly expected to support the sentiment of all the church leaders, I agree that they have wisdom in what they put forth, but I chose to look at the matter at hand in a totally different way, hoping I will not be labeled a rebel. Yesterday while I way in prayer, I found myself praying in an interesting manner, it was to my surprise that I was praying different. After reading about Cyrus and researching much on him, I begun to pray, “ God, give us a Cyrus, someone you have laid your hands and anointing on, they may be Christians or non Christians, but because you appoint all authorities, and you are over all, and your purposes cannot be thwarted, Lord give us a Cyrus in our days, one who will do your will, even when he thinks he is bent on doing his own will .” I must say, that I don’t advocate f...
A church planting story : Most church planters believe that they are to be supported to be successful, so they peg any failure on the sending organization: I believe that when we are so vision driven and we know what we are here on earth for we will be accountable; self accountability- I LIKE TO ENCOURAGE MY SELF THAT: If it works it’s because I was totally committed to it not because I was sent. It is because I want it so bad; I can’t blame it on others. The title of our workshop is suggestive ; the Word first simply says, do it as priority: if you are to lead others which you are here some of you because you are going to plant a church or have already –then you want to know where to begin, that is how to lead self. In fact, failure in self leadership is the ultimate failure in leadership: it’s like a blindfolded man driving a bus on Mombasa road with men seated reading their newspapers; Let’s ask ourselves truly what it means to lead your’s-self first : ...
Comments
Post a Comment